As a provider of home health services in Pennsylvania, we make it a point to improve the quality of life of our clients through speech therapy. It is not only recommended for patients with speech disorders and communication difficulties but for clients who have trouble swallowing, chewing, and other related situations.
Aside from companionship, Restorer Home Health Services LLC develops a speech therapy program conducted by our licensed speech therapist right at home for optimal comfort.
Speech therapy does not only deal with lisps and stutters. This treatment helps countless individuals in order for them to live life as normally and comfortably despite their conditions.
Here are some of the most common misconceptions about speech therapy and why you should educate yourself about this treatment.
- Speech therapy is only concerned with talking.Speech therapists help people who have problems with their speech, language, social and cognitive-communication, and swallowing. It helps with conditions, such as aphasia, craniofacial disorders like cleft palate, developmental disorders like specific language disability, autism, and more.
- Speech therapy is only for children.No, it is also for adults. Speech therapy caters to the needs of all ages. For example, speech therapy will also be used for adults suffering from some form of brain injury, which hinders them from speaking properly.
Basically, speech therapy is an essential part of healing for all ages. It aims to provide solutions, such as:
- Minimizing Cognition Delays
- Auditory Rehabilitation
- Adaptive Speech Devices Training
- Assessment and Recommendation for Learning Disabilities
- Auditory Processing Disorder Therapy
- Reducing Expressive Language Delays
- Eating and Swallowing Strategies